Wicked Wednesday posts may be about anything related to geocaching puzzles. Posts may include:
- how to recognize and solve different types of ciphers
- where to look for hidden information
- tools and resources available on and offline
- step-by-step solutions using archived caches as examples
Why a Wicked Wednesday?
Well, I’m pretty good at many standard types of puzzles and thought I’d be pretty well prepared for the geocaching world’s versions. Boy, was I wrong.
What I’ve come to realize is that there are as many different types of puzzle caches out there, as there are geocachers that create them. I’ve also discovered a whole other world called cryptology and it is fascinating. Puzzle geocache creators amaze me with their creativity and powers of deception. Anything, and I mean anything, can be fair game for creating a geocaching puzzle. I’ve experienced puzzles using multiple ciphers, airport abbreviations, railway signal codes, U.S. History, world geography, NASCAR, poker, Scrabble tiles, and now I even know the name of the man that invented the “crown cork”, or bottle cap. All of these things I’ve learned, or know more about, because of a puzzle cache.
Puzzle caches are often delightfully frustrating, and while I am no expert in this area, but I am an avid learner. I’m hoping that sharing as I learn will help others to solve and visit more puzzle caches. Puzzle caches almost never get the kind of traffic I think they deserve, as this video explains:
Wicked Wednesday will also include puzzles that I’m working on and may need your help with! Please feel free to offer suggestions or hints if you can! Whatever you do don’t “give” me the answer! I like to learn and figure out the solutions to really earn that smiley!
Wicked Wednesday will be the 3rd Wednesday of each month starting February 17, 2010. You can find a complete listing and the current Wicked Wedneday posts here.
Wicked Wednesday is a Blog Carnival / Theme Meme
Participating is easy:
1. You create a post or write an article about something related to Puzzle Geocaching and add one of the banners below or a link back to coastcacher.com to your post so readers can find other Wicked Wednesday participants.
Copy and paste this code for a textlink:
<a href="http://coastcacher.com/blog/2010/01/08/wicked-wednesday-blog-carnival/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx217/coastcacher/ww125.jpg" border="0" alt="ww125">
<a href="http://coastcacher.com/blog/2010/01/08/wicked-wednesday-blog-carnival/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx217/coastcacher/ww.jpg" border="0" alt="ww">
3. If you do not have a blog, you can still participate by posting a brief “Wicked Wednesday” comment or resource link in the comments section. You can include a link to your Twitter or Facebook account if you wish.
4. I’ll publish my “Wicked Wednesday” post sometime between 5pm and 9pm on Wednesdays. I’ll keep linking open to the post until for one week, ending at 11:59 pm the following Wednesday. As with all links and comments on this site, I reserve the right to delete any that are inappropriate, do not follow the guidelines, or are not family-friendly.
That’s realy all there is too it. Once you’ve submitted your link I and others reading posts here can quickly and easily find your blog and your content. I hope you’ll be joining us for Wicked Wednesday every month. I look forward to learning from your experiences! Happy Caching!