- Annie & PB Go Geocaching
- Electronic Breadcrumbs
- GeoCache: I'm NOT Obsessed… Right?
- Geocaching Online
- GPSOakie's Geo&Photo
- Iowa Admin
- Mike's Geocaching
Geocache Listing Sites
- Geocaching.com – The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
- TerraCaching – The Quality Geocaching Community
- BookCrossing – The World's Biggest Free Book Club – Catch and Release Used Books
- GPS Mission – Mobile GPS Game
- Leave It Somewhere
- Letterboxing North America
- Postcrossing – Postcards Traveling The World
- Waymarking – A scavenger hunt for unique and interesting locations in the world
Geocaching Tools and Utilities
- CacheStats – Geocaching Statistics
Used to display detailed breakdowns of your geocaching stats.
- Clayjar's Geocache Rating System
An online tool to help cache owner submit more accurate rating for difficulty and terrain.
- Convert Latitude / Longitude in Degrees/Minutes/Seconds to/from Decimal (FCC) USA
This utility permits the user to convert latitude and longitude between decimal degrees and degrees, minutes, and seconds. For convenience, a link is included to the National Geodetic Survey’s NADCON program, which allows conversions between the NAD83 / W
- Coord.Info – Using SMS with TextMarks
Tweet while you cache!
- evince – coordinate verification
Another less well know geo-checker.
- geobeagle – Google Code
An Android app for geocaching and letterboxing.
- Geocacher | Moo Productions
Geocacher is a full-featured geocaching program for Google’s Android Operating System.
- Geocaching > Groundspeak's Geocaching iPhone Application
Geocaching app for iPhone.
- Geocaching Statbar Modifier
Change the background on your geocaching stat bar.
- GeoChecker: Geocaching Coordinates Checker
A fantastic tool for puzzle cache creators and solvers! Provide puzzle solution success when correct coordinates are entered.
- GeoLex – The Lexicon of Geocaching
Find definitions for all those acronyms here!
- GeoNiche | RayDar LLC
A Palm geocaching software program.
convert, upload, download data from GPS and Map programs
- GSAK – Geocaching Swiss Army Knife
Geocaching Tracking Software
A geocache rating site for the benefit of disabled cachers.
- Latitude Longitude Conversion
Directions Magazine – All Things Location Many types of Map and Information Converters available. Check it out.
- MacCaching – GeoCache Manager for Mac OS X
Geocaching racking software for Mac.
GPS Mapping For Your Mac
- TechBlazer's Geocache Rating System
The Geocache Rating Calculator is a tool designed to help geocache hiders calculate the difficulty and terrain rating of a cache.
- TerraServer Search
Search for lat/long in Microsoft’s Terra Server
- UTM – Lat/Lon conversion applet and standalone version
Java Applet Converter – Available in a standalone for pc.
- UTM interface to Google maps
This is a simple tool to convert between UTM or MTM and lat/lon, and bring up the associated Google map from either. The Google map and satellite images presented are reasonably well positioned as far as I can tell (to within 10 meters or so — more below
Puzzle Caching Resources
- Alphametic Puzzle Solver
An alphametic puzzle (also sometimes known as a cryptarithm) is a type of puzzle where words are put together into an arithmetic formula such that digits can be substituted for the letters to make the formula true.
- Binary – it's digitalicious!
Converts text to binary, hex to ASCII and vice versa.
- Binary to Text (ASCII) Conversion
Binary to text.
- Binary, Ternary, Octal, Duodecimal, Hexadecimal Systems, Base Convertion from Interactive Mathematics Miscellany and Puzzles
Another Base Converter
- Braingle: Codes, Ciphers, Encryption and Cryptography
Most frequently used codes and ciphers listed and explained. Some encoders and decoders available.
- Cartype : LOGOS : COMPANIES
A listing of logos and car manufacturers for those logo puzzles.
- Cipher Tools
A site with a variety of cipher and code cracking applets.
CipherClerk’s Applet is implementing a collection of historic ciphers.
- Code 39 | Code 3 of 9 Page
All about Bar Codes
- Decimal and Binary Conversion Tool
This is a tool to practice converting between decimal and binary representations.
- Enigma Code Machine Simulator
History of Enigma code and link to PC software for solving the code on the Enigma Geocoin.
- Enigma Simulator
Enigma Coding Machine Simulator
- Flag Semaphore – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A maritime signaling code.
- Grille (cryptography) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Explanation of different types of grilles used in various puzzles.
- Hexadecimal Converter-JavaScrypt Encryption and Decryption
- Instant Reverse Lookup
A reverse lookup tool for phone numbers
- International maritime signal flags – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maritime signal flags.
- Internet Anagram Server
Solve anagrams quickly!
- NPS GPS Support Facility – What is EPE?
EPE is Estimated Positional Error
- Numeric Base Converter
Convert numbers from one base to another. This base converter supports conversion between bases 2 through 36.
- Polybius Square Cipher
- Portal:Cryptography – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A place to learn about encryption, codes and ciphers.
- Sharky's Vigenere Cipher
Encode and Decode the Vigenere Cipher
- Text Reverse
Have you ever had text typed backwards that you can’t read. I hate it so here a simple program to reverse it.
- The Black Chamber
A favorite resource for learning to crack codes.
- World Wide Metric
Convert anything to and from metric.
- Yahoo! Babel Fish – Text Translation and Web Page Translation
Translate a block of text quickly and easily.
- Leave No Trace
Center for Outdoor Ethics
- National Parks Service
The best source for information about all of our National Parks and Monuments. Fantastic site!
- National Parks Traveler
Commentary, news, and life in America’s Parks
- Tread Lightly
A nonprofit organization with a mission to promote responsible outdoor recreation through ethics education and stewardship.
- Wilidlife Watch
Part of the National Wildlife Federation site that lets you participate in documenting wildlife in you area.